Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Skittles

Skittles

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

Materials;


1. Five Different colour skittles  

2. Petri Dish     
3. Water 


Process:

Step 1: First get your Petri dish and place your five different colour skittles 
   
Step 2: Put the skittles in a star shape here is a photo.

 

Step 3: Add in you water and see what happens
 

 Findings: The water was taking out the colour of the skittles and blinding it in with the other colours.    

Reflection: That water can take out the colour in skittles. 


Extension:

What is another experiment you could do using chromatography and how would you do it.

Title;

Aim: 

Materials:

Process:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Risha

    This blog post was very interesting because you took the time to add photos for each of your steps. That was a really good idea. I wonder if you could have a think and see if you can come up with an idea for the extension part of this activity. What else could we try this type of experiment on?

    I have updated your points!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.