Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dirty Water

Dirty Water 

Hi guys, today we did an experiment on Filtration. 

Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass. We had to do dirty water test. 



Aim: To make a filtration plant using household materials.


Examples are:

  1. Kidney  
  2. Swimming Pool 
  3. Filter Paper
  4. Tea bags

Materials

Image result for filtration science experiment
1. One plastic bottle 
2. Sand 
3. Pebbles 
4. Dirty Water
5. Scissor 
6. Filter 
7. A Cup 
8. Tissue paper






Process: 

Step 1

Cut the bottle in half to make a plastic funnel and a container that the dirty water will go through.   

Step 2

Put the top half upside down on the bottom half. 

STEP 3

Add a layer of filter paper. I suggest that you should fold it in quarters then unfold to make a cone shape.

STEP 4

Put some sand inside the cone and place it in the funnel

STEP 5

After that add your one cup of pebbles on top of the sand.

STEP 6
Then it is time to add in your 1 cup of dirty water.

STEP 7 
Record you work

Conclusion: My group had the most clearest water because we folded our filter paper 3 times in steed of 2 times.  

Here is a photo. 






1 comment:

  1. Another quality blog post! Excellent job Risha! Next time I would like to see you add some more in your reflection/conclusion. You have some excellent scientific ideas and I would like to see you expand on them. Why did you decide to fold the paper extra? How did you know that would give you clearer water?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.