Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Chromatography

Chromatography

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

Definition: A technique for separating the different parts of a mixture / solid using liquid.


Related imageRelated imageImage result for chromatography



Rainbow Paper

Materials:
1. Cup
2. Chromatography paper 
3. Black felt 
4. Green felt
5. Red felt
6. Water
7. Ruler

Process: 

Step 1: Get a piece of the Chromatography paper  

Step 2: With your ruler rule 2 cm and line it up with a black felt.
  
Step 3: After that fold it up to the black line. 

Step 4: Then on the other side of the Chromatography paper rule out 1 cm and there take your black felt and make a dot.

Step 5: Then take you green felt and make a dot beside it leave some spaces. 

Step 6: After that take you red felt and make a dot beside it leaving some spaces⬆️ 

Step 7: Place the Chromatography paper into the a cup. Like this. 

Step 8: Add the water into the cup. When you add the water you make it just touch the Chromatography paper.               

Here is a photo of it at the end of the experiment. 


Findings: After leaving it in the water for five minutes the colour of the ink blinded and it reminded me of a sunset.    

Reflection: Maybe next time I should try another could and see what happens. But I think I should add more colours.  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Risha! I am so impressed with the quality of this blog post. You even went the extra mile and made it interesting by adding photos for nearly each step. Ka pai! I think you have earned two points towards your badge; one for the work and an extra for the effort you put in!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.