Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

It's Been Ages Seen I Have Done A DLO!


W.A.L.T Use A Number Line To Help Us Solve Addition Problem   

Hi guys, as you can read from the tittle it's been ages seen I have done a maths DLO. So today I am going to be sharing with you a DLO on number lines. If you don't have time to listen to my video I have done a example here. 

My question is 632 + ___ = 872 I have put a number line to show you guys. I also put in my 632 and the start of the number line. After that I add 200 on to make 832 then I add on 40 to my 872. The last step is to add 200 and 40 together to make 240. The answer is 240 


632 + 240 = 872


If you didn't get it here is a video about how to use number lines to solve a problem. Oh, and also I have a question for you guys do you know what 789 + ___   = 1039. Don't be scared to comment BYE!!!


10 comments:

  1. You can't see the DLO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Travis for telling me that my video does not work. I have done it now hopefully it works. BYE

      Delete
    2. yep it's working now by the way I really liked how you added a bonus question but maybe you could have made it a little bit harder the answser was 250 bey.

      Delete
  2. Hi Risha,

    I really like your DLO about the number line.I really like how you put an example so if they there busy and can't watch the video they can read it. Next time you can try to put two example as a goal.Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, thanks for commenting on my blog. Also thank you for giving me feed back about my blog post. Have your ever done number lines and have you made a DLO?

      Delete
  3. Hi Risha,
    Well done on your maths DLO about how number line. I like the way when you explained on writing it and doing it on DLO. You are really improving your maths this year. But make sure fix your background noise. Good job:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shadrach, Thank you for commenting on my blog and I am not sure where the noise was coming from. But thank you for mentioning that now I know. BYE

      Delete
  4. WOW Risha
    I love your blog post and I love it because you used so much different questions and answers. I found your blog post doesn't work that would be great if you could fix it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great example of a maths blog post Risha! Like David, I thought it was great that you included a written explanation of the strategy so that people could quickly read this. I also thought your video was really clear and you explain each step clearly. This is a great example of a video people could learn from. Are you able to use the same strategy with subtraction problems? For example, can you solve 6540 - 3213=?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Risha,Your DLO was really nice,I liked how you left the example for people who didn't have time.Hope you reply to my comment soon.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.