Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

summer learning journey day 3 week 3

Hey guys, hows it going. Today I am going to be doing  my SLJ. Today's topic is "Taking Flight." I will be doing two activity today so lets get on with it.   

Activity 1
Today's activity is about writing a short desperation about a bird I have chosen to do. I chose the Barn Owl it is a new native for New Zealand. Here's my description.

The Barn Owl is the most wide-eyed bird. It has a little cute face with a tiny winy beck. The Bran Owl eats mostly small mammals. They live in Puriri tree on a farm near Kaitaia in Northland. # New Zealand.    

Barn Owl

https://www.birdoftheyear.org.nz/   


Activity 2 
Image result for going back in time

Now I have to tell you what type of super power would I like if I could chose out of on. I would like to have the power of going back in to time and the future. 

BYE! 



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Risha,

    It is great to see that you've been busy with blogging over the past few weeks. I can see that you have chosen the Barn Owl to write about. Did you know that Barn Owls mostly eat voles, shrews and sometimes rats? YIKES! They are all in the small mammals family. Another shocking fact is that they often swallow these mammals as a whole and the bits of fur and bone are regurgitated (coughed up). I hope you've learned something new about this interesting species of bird.

    Did you have another favourite from the list you've found on the website? One of my favourite birds were Hihi (Stitchbirds) because they have beautiful coloured feathers. You should check them out and tell me what you think!

    Speaking of birds, I would love to have 'flying' as one of my superpowers. Travelling through time would be awesome as well. Are there any limits to this superpower or can you use it as many times as you want?

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.