Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Day 5 Summer Learning Journey Week 2

Day 5 Summer Learning Journey
  Week 2

Hi guys welcome back. Today is the last day of SLJ for this week. 
Today I am going to be doing 2 activity's. To days topic is Waste Away. So lets get started. 

Activity 1

This activity is all about fishing. There is a certain place that if you do fishing there and got a fish you will be fined 10,0000 dollars. I think that rule is a good rule because it is helping the sea life. What do you think about this rule? 

Related image



Activity 2

Activity two is all about polluted rivers. I would love to make New Zealand water have no rubbish in it. I have to research about two rivers. What are there names? Where they are? What has been done to clean up the rivers?

Image result for Waikirikiri (Selwyn) riverThe river name is Waikirikiri river. It is located in Selwyn. The water quality is not very good. The Green party is trying to solve it.  

Image result for ruamahanga river
It's name is Ruamahanga River. It is located in South East of North Island. Framers and the local community it working on it. 



Bye Hope you liked it please comment.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Risha,

    I can see that you are very considerate of keeping our nature clean and safe. Do you think 100,000 dollars for a fine is a reasonable amount? It does send a strong message out there but I thought the amount was too large for a fine. An average person in NZ would earn approximately $50,000 a year which means they would have to work two FULL years just to pay the fine! What do you think?

    I enjoyed reading about the Waikirikiri river and the Ruamahanga River. I think it is great that you've mentioned the efforts put in by the local community and the Green Party to sustain river ecosystems. Do you have a favourite lake or a river that you like to visit down in Christchurch? You should let me know :)

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.