Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 5 Summer Learning Journey

😁Day 5 Summer Learning Journey😝

Hi girls and boys today i’m going to be continuing my Summer Learning Journey today is day 5. EXCITING Right!!!😁😝 Wow the first week went so fast. Anyway today I'm going to be doing three activities. The first one is Towering timber and living on the edge. Who's ready for some fun? I know I am!!
Image result for fun


Activity 1 - Towering TimberπŸŒ‡πŸŒ²


Have you ever heard about logging? I didn’t know that was a thing but now I do. So today we are going to be talking about logging. Logging is when you cut down trees that can be used for other things. For example you can build house out of trees, make paper and can create things. Also today I and go to be talking why is this bad for the environment. This why logging should be banned.

 

Activity 2 - Living On The EdgeπŸ”


For activity 2 have to write a letter about my imagine trip to Tundra. It cold, there are no trees and on the mountains it snow. COLD Here is my letter. 

Here are the links from the photos:


  1. Link -✌
  2. Link -
  3. Link -




1 comment:

  1. Morena Risha,

    Another fabulous post I see. You are putting in a great amount of time and effort into your posts and they are really enjoyable to read and watch.

    I have to agree with your arguments on logging, it also concerns me the damage we are doing to the wildlife by logging. As many of the houses in New Zealand have wood framing which we get from logging trees, what materials could we use instead of wood for building our homes?

    We definitely need oxygen from the trees otherwise we wouldn't be able to breathe and then we would be in trouble. Have you heard about the government's 'One Billion Trees' initiative? Here is some more information if you would like to read about it, it's pretty cool and will hopefully produce a lot of oxygen!
    https://www.mpi.govt.nz/funding-and-programmes/forestry/planting-one-billion-trees/

    Until next time, happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.