Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Day 4 Of Summer Learning Journey

Day 4 Of Summer Learning Journey

Hi guys welcome to another Summer Learning Journey. Today is day 4 a SLJ. YAA!!! I'm going to be doing 3 activities again so the first one is going to be about Sir Edmund Hillary, The second activity is Maple syrup and pancakes and the bonus activity. Let's go!!!

Image result for lets go


So the first activity is Sir Ed Edmund Hillary. If you don't know who is he is very famous he's the first man to climb Mount Everest. Let's imagine I met him in real life. My task today is if I met him in real life what  5 questions would I ask him about his life. Here is a poster of my questions that I want to ask Sir Edmund Hillary.



The second activity is maple syrup and pancakes. You must be thinking why pancakes and maple syrup well  today I have to tell you my favourite food, so what I like to eat the most. My favourite food butter chicken. In fact I love it so much I had it for my birthday. Please when you make this have a adult by your side and helping you to make it. Anyway I have to tell you how to make this yummy Indian food. You will find all of this in you local super markets or Pack'n save.

You will need:
  • Bones Less Chicken
  • Garlic, Ginger, Onions
  • Cream
  • Tin Tomato
  • Colouring Food - Orange or red mixed with yellow will do.
  • Salt
  • Coriander
  • Your choice of Butter Chicken Paste

Here How you make it:
Heat oil in a pot and then add Garlic, Ginger and Onions. Fry till light brown. After that add the bone less chicken and straight after add some salt. Cook chicken for 10 mins.

The next step add your tin tomato only half of it. Then add the butter chicken paste that you have chosen. Then cook for 5 mins again.  

Image result for butter chicken made at home
After 5 mins add you colouring food in, which is orange and then cream. After that add some coriander, plane it up and enjoy. One of my favourite Indian food.

Link


The Bonus Round
This time for the bonus round we have to create our own hotel. We also get to choose where it can be and what will you build it with. My hotel is going to be in Greece, Santorini because it is a beautiful place and has very good scenery.

 https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/santorini-shipping-emissions-danger-to-public-health/

My hotels name is "Blue Dreams Hotel." My hotel will have 20 stories. Each of the stories will be at least 10 rooms. My hotels outside will look like the. It will have white concrete and a blue roof with lot's of lights. Also to enter my hotel you have to use the two double doors that are blue at the front of my hotel. After you have entered in you will great welcomed by one of the staff. They will say "Welcome to Blue Dream Hotel." You will walk down a blue carpet and meet the receptionist. Here is a drawing of one of the rooms in my hotel. There are two bath rooms and two bed rooms.


Thank you guys so much for watching hope you enjoyed have a nice day bye!!! Don't be shy to comment!!!

14 comments:

  1. Bula vinaka! My name is Susie and I will be commenting on your blogs throughout the Summer Learning Journey this year. I am happy that you joined us on this exciting journey ahead of us.

    Your blog looks absolutely amazing Risha - it seems like there was lots of fun learning happening at school this year! What is your favourite subject? I love doing arts and crafts and I also have a passion for photography. I would love to know what your interests are.

    I love the poster you have created about Sir Edmund Hillary. I liked the way that you asked about his purpose and motivation on why he chose to do what he did. If I ever get a chance to interview him, I would ask him how amazing the views were at the top of the mountain. I would also like to ask him if coming down the mountain was easier than climbing. I'm thinking... it actually may have been quite challenging because of its super SLIPPERY surface.

    Well done on writing down the recipe for making butter chicken! I am from Korea and my younger brother is in love with butter chicken - he never chooses anything else when we are out to have Indian food! I would have to say that my favourite curry from India would have to be aloo mutter. YUMMM potatoes are so delicious!

    The 'Blue Dream Hotel' sounds like an absolute dream Risha! 20 stories with 10 rooms each sounds like a pretty fancy hotel. I would love to see this hotel come to life. I also love how you provided a detailed diagram of what the interior (inside of the hotel) would look like. Did you draw this yourself? Which online app did you use to create this? :)

    Looking forward to viewing much more of your amazing blog posts Risha. Well done. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

    Happy Blogging!

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Susie how's it going? thank you for commenting on my blog my favourite subject is maths I would love to become an accountant in the future. What do you think? To make my hotel room I use Google drawing.

      Delete
    2. Morning Risha, I think becoming an accountant is actually an amazing idea if you do love math. Are you planning to do any math activities during summer? I am also wondering what your favourite topic in maths is! I used to love geometry (working with shapes) and multiplication.

      Delete
    3. Hi thank you for commenting My fav maths subject it multiplication. I use to but now I am into summer learning journey.

      Delete
  2. Also, it is great to see you using images to illustrate your blog posts.

    Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image.

    We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit

    You will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susie thank you for that little fact about blogging. I have seen the slide show. I think you are talking about day 5. Are you and am I doing it right? I don't know?

      Delete
    2. Hi Risha, you will need to attribute your images in all of the activities you choose to include a picture in. If you took the pictures yourself or created it using google drawing, there is no need to credit the owner (since you are the owner of that picture!). But with any other images from Google, you will need to tell us where it is from. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    3. Yes it does but I am doing it right. Just want to know.

      Delete
  3. Hi Risha, I really like this blog post because its so engaging and interesting. Nice Work! Well done on completing task 3, I like how you have put some much detail and information about your amazing hotel. I would love to visit Santorini, Greece, where would you go in the world?
    Yummm. Butter Chicken, Thanks for the recipe =).Your presentation on the Edmund Hillary question is spot on, very well done.
    In your google drawing you could next time try adding a bit of color but all and all really well done.

    =) Nidhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nidhi thank you for that positive comment. I have commented on your blog. Have you seen it yet?

      Delete
  4. Hi!
    Nice work on all these posts!
    I love the detail in your posts and the amount of effort and speaking of effort I love your detailed hotel!
    Please get rid of the GIF at the top because it is copy write under marvel!
    Please comment on my blog at
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI sam if you press the photo I have left the link for credit.

      Delete
  5. Kia-ora,
    my name is Zephaniah and I am a part of doing the SLJ aswell as you are. I see that you have completed much of the activities. Tino pai! What an awesome presentation about your dream hotel. I bet, if this hotel of yours was real, heaps of people would come along and book some rooms. Wouldn't that be crazy?

    Nga mihi,
    -Zephaniah

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.