Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Day 2 of Summer Learning Journey

Day 2 of Summer Learning Journey

Hi girls and boys, day 2 of Summer Learning Journey has started and I am ready to do some research. Just in case you didn't see my last post which I did yesterday. I talk ed about New Zealand and my city Christchurch. As I told you in the last post for four weeks our topic for this term is the would around us. For this week it is "A Place To Stand"

The first activity is about our native plant's but not just any plant I'm going to be talking about the Kauri tree. Have you ever heard of The Kauri tree? There are only in Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. But the most popular place people visit to see this wonderful native tree is in Waipoua forest. Another fact is the tree in Waipoua forest is the biggest tree of its kind in New Zealand! I would love to visit a beautiful native tree because it is native to New Zealand and so special.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1747761-i37067062-Northland_Region_North_Island.html

My second activity is about New Zealand sports. I have to list a least three teams that have the name "Ferns" in it from New Zealand.

The Silver Ferns - They play for New Zealand - Netball
Image result for The Silver FernsLink
Black Ferns - They play for New Zealand - Rugby unions woman's.
Image result for Black FernsLink
White Ferns - They play for New Zealand - National Cricket team Woman's.
LinkRelated image

Out of all of these three term I like the "Silver Ferns" uniform. What one do you like?

The bonus activity is about cactus. Did you know that cactus need a least 3 millilitres of water for one day. WHAT! Actually us humans have to have 3 millilitres of water for a day as well so we can stay alive. How much water would a cactus hold for a year? Lets work it out! Here is a DLO. 

 Wow a cactus can have a least 1095 ml of water a year. Amazing!  ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ™Š


4 comments:

  1. Bula vinaka Risha,

    It's great to see you working through the Summer Learning Journey activities! I'm looking forward to reading all your blog posts this summer.

    Wow, you sound like you are well on your way to becoming an accountant! You already have great maths skills! You could also be a maths teacher as you explained how you solved the problem so well.

    It was a great idea to do a screencast. Have you done those in school or did you learn how to do that at home?

    I especially like that you remembered to put in the units with your answer as well. It's very important!

    If you had to use 1095ml of water, how many litres would that be?

    From Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi there Laura how's it going? Thank you for that wonderful and positive comment. I learn how to do some of it at home but after some weeks of learning this strategy my teacher tough the whole maths class. Also the answer to 1095ml of water, how many litres would it be? Is 1.095 litres. What was your favourite subject when you were small?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bula vinaka Risha,

    I enjoyed reading through this blog post that you've created. Great effort - well done! I like how you've mentioned other NZ Kauri trees in your writing and that the Tฤne Mahuta tree is the biggest of them all. Did you know that this tree is approximately 2,000 years old? This means that its been around for almost 2 ENTIRE CENTURIES! I would love to take a photo standing right next to this tree to see how small I look in comparison. What would you like to do when you visit Tฤne Mahuta? Do you enjoy spending time outside in nature?

    I can see that you've given us a list of NZ sports teams with the word 'fern' in their title. Can you tell me why the Silver Ferns' uniform was your favourite? What did you like about the design? I like the White Ferns' uniform because the colour is unique and it stands out!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you Risha :)

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.