Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Early Encounters In Aotearoa

Early Encounters In Aotearoa  

Hi, guys today I will be blogging about the first-ever European encounters with Māori. These facts are all from an episode called History of Aotearoa. What do you know about New Zealand encounters with the Europeans?  Here are my facts. 

The first European Explorer to came to New Zealand in 1642 who was Abel Tasmin, he also named the land of Aotearoa Neauivea Zealandia. The explorer next that came in 1769 was called James Cook. When he arrived he went to different villages and found his chief navigator Tu Paia. When the Europeans arrived they also brought Pig, Disease, Potatoes. When James Cook arrived he brought something called a Musket, which is a type of gun. That started the musket war but then finished in the late 1830s. Soon there were wars with Pakeha with Māori it became really hard for warriors. Māori's outrun the Pakeha buy 40 of 1 in 1840. 

That is all I have to share today here is a video. BYE!

      

1 comment:

  1. A very good overview of events. Good idea to post the video we all watched too. It reinforces your comments.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.