Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Hey guys, today I am showing the work that I did. It is called "Learning Story." It is sort of like a report but we are writing it about our self. I did mine about my favourite experiment. Which was "Filtration experiment." Anyway here is my "learning story." 


In science for this term, we have been learning Home Chemistry. Also have done some awesome experiments like scone making, forming crystals, skittles colours but my favourite was the filtration experiment or the dirty water experiment.
 Image result for filtration science experiment

Our aim for this experiment was “to make a filtration plant using household materials. The meaning of filtration is when we separate a solid into a liquid.  

We had to work in teams in my team there was Neveah, Shreya, Elisha Mea and I. The materials we needed to do this experiment was one plastic bottle, sand,  pebbles, dirty water, scissor, filter paper, a cup and tissue paper. My favourite part is how we made this experiment.

We first had to cut the bottle in half to make a plastic funnel and a container that the dirty water will go through. Then put the top half upside down on the bottom half. After that add a layer of filter paper. I suggest that you should fold it in quarters then unfold to make a cone shape. I had thought about folding it once more because I didn’t think it would work so did my team. In a result, we were the only team with the cleanest water. YEAH! Then we put some sand inside the cone and place it in the funnel. After that add your one cup of pebbles on top of the sand. Then it is time to add in your 1 cup of dirty water.

My conclusion is that we had the best example of how we did this experiment.  We all had a job and we all liked the job we did. We also all knew what our next steps were and we all completed our work in time. I think that when we had folded the filter paper again was a great idea and made our experiment the best experiment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.