Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

DAYLIGHT SAVING FACTS

Hi, guys today I will be sharing what I have been doing for homeroom. We have been working on our research skills. So today I will be sharing some facts about Daylight Saving.

 Sunset Clouds Wallpaper Mural | Murals Wallpaper

Daylight saving starts on the last Sunday of the last week of September, this years it is on the Sunday 27th of September. This starts at 2am on Sunday and ends at 3am on the first Sunday of April, the 4th of April 2021. Daylight savings in New Zealand is one hour ahead of standard New Zealand time. This was first introduced in 1927 by parliamentarian Thomas Sidey he said to move the clocks 1 hour forward in New Zealand's summer period to allow for an extra hour of daylight in the evenings. This helped people save power and made it easier for the people who worked in the evenings. 

The reason I think that daylight savings are a good thing is so we have more time in the evening to enjoy the sunset and light. As I have already mentioned that with daylight savings less power is used which will help with saving money as well. A useful thing to help get used to the hour forward is to adjust all clocks to watches and to the oven digital time. If you are lying in bed and are not sleepy do some exercises to help your body be tired for the day and sleep well. Another thing that is good about daylight savings is that there is a low rate of crimes. So this means that there are fewer robberies.

There are daylight savings in different counties including Australia. Some parts of Australia have daylight savings but some don't. The states that have daylight savings are New South WalesVictoriaSouth AustraliaTasmaniathe Australian Capital Territory and Norfolk Island. The state that doesn't have Daylight savings are Queensland, the Northern TerritoryWestern AustraliaChristmas Island or the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.

Thank you for reading some awesome facts about daylight savings, hope you learnt something. Don't be scared to put a comment on my blog as I love the feedback that you give. Thank you BYE!  

Daylight saving | New Zealand Government

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.