Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Mean, Median and Mode

Mean, Median and Mode

Hi, guys today I will be writing the meaning of Mean, Median and Mode. So Mean, Median and Mode are used in maths for Statistics. Here is the meaning of Mean, Median and Mode.

Mean: 
The meaning of mean is when you have a sum and you are dividing the number. (It can also be called "Average.")
For example:  
What is the average of these 5 students? 
10, 9, 11, 11, 9 
11 + 9 = 20 + 11 = 31 + 9 = 40 + 10 = 50 
50 ÷ 5 = 10 

Median: 
The meaning of median is when you have the number that comes in the middle of a set of numbers when they are arranged in order.
Step 1. 9, 3, 4, 5, 10, 5, 2, 1, 7
Step 2. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7, 9, 10
That is the answer.

Mode:
The meaning of mode is easy it is just with have some numbers that appear most often in a set of data.
1km 9km 4km 10km 9km 5km 9km
The most number is seen there is 9km.


1 comment:

  1. Ciao Risha!
    I know we both struggled a bit but we both got the hang if it in the end. It definetley looks like you spent a bit of time doing the examples, maybe consider not doing that next time? It can be quite time consuming. But I also love your examples because they are easy to understand.

    Sayonara Risha!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.