Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

Reading - Climate change: The Worlds Biggest Challenge

Hi, guys today I will be sharing what book I have been reading for homework. The book is called "Climate Change: The Worlds Biggest Challenge" that author is Tricia Glensor. This book is about what climate change is doing and what it has on people like us. The weather will change dramatically over time and will have most of our beautiful Pasifika island underwater.  Knowing what climate change is you have to know what greenhouse gas is? Some of our gas's trap heat, sunlight and heatwaves. If there is heat trapped is will make earth hotter and make the ice melt in Antarctica. That is why Antarctica is a risk to climate change. When the ice melts in Antarctica the water level of the ocean will go higher and slowly will flood small countries and island. I have loved reading this book. It has shown me so much more about climate change and the impacted it has on us. Here are some photos from the book. There is a link to the book if you want to read it. Climate Change: The Worlds Biggest Challenge




3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Risha!
    Well done on creating an awesome blog post. I like the images that you included. Do you know where in New Zealand that last picture was taken? Perhaps next time, have a think about how you could create a DLO and use sisomo (sight, sound & motion) to engage your audience. Keep up the great work.
    Miss Tozer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Tozer
      Thank you for commenting on my blog the photo that has been taken is at the New Zealand Fox Glacier. Also thanks for the suggestion on doing a DLO I will diffidently look in to that. What is worries you about climate change? Bye!

      Delete
  2. Hi Risha,
    Great question! One of the things that worries me about climate change is the impact on different kinds of wildlife. Can you think of any wildlife that might be affected by climate change?
    Miss Tozer.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.