Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

40 Hour Famine - World Vision

Hi, guys this year I was asked to help with setting a fundraising program with my teacher, Miss Tozer and the world vision team. I gladly said yes, if you don't know what world vision is? It is an organisation that helps people all around the world from health to schooling needs. Every year they choose a topic to work on and this year it is about climate change and how it is affecting the people of Malawi, Africa. Malawi is located in the heart of Africa and is also one of the poorest counties in the world. That's why with the effects of climate change it is damaging the country more, with farmers it gets harder. Farmers in Malawi rely on their crops because that is there only food source. When there is a drought or a flood there crops fail and they have no food, that's when world vision comes in and helps. World Vision is teaching farmers planting technics, drought-resistant plants, planting at schools and a pass on goat scheme so if their plants fail there have money for food. 

Hornby High School is fundraising for the people in Malawi by doing the 40-hour famine. This with start on the 5th of June and end on the 7th of June, so a Famine weekend. Join us and help make a start to our fund. Here are some posters and videos to check out. BYE!               







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.