Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Creating Our Own Play

Hi, guys for the last few weeks we have been making our own plays. We have worked so hard on this play and we have practised the most out of all of the groups. In my group, I have Shreya, Nevaeh, Elisha Mae and me. Our idea was to make a princess who lost her three valuable crystals and a girl has to decide to keep it or give back to the princess. The thing that we need to work on is expires our emotion.  We have put a lot of information. Here is the video and the script: 


Valuable Crystals


What is it about? 
The theme is good and bad decisions.
This is about a girl called Mabelle who’s struggling what to do with the colourful crystals that she finds on the ground.  


Problem/Conflict:  
Mabelle finds a box filled with valuable crystals on the ground while strolling to a cottage where she lives in. The devil tells her to sell the valuable crystals for some good money. 
The Angel told Mabelle to return the box to Princess Mabelle had recognised the crystal because Princess Eleanor always went around with a valuable item, and Mabelle had heard whisperings that the valuable item could possibly be crystals. 

Solution: 
Mabelle ended up following Angel’s advice.


Characters:
Shreya - Devil
Nevaeh - Angel
Risha - Mabelle
Elisha Mae - Narrator
Elisha Mae - Princess Eleanor


Props:
Light Blue, Blue and Purple fake crystals 
Chairs


Where: 
Germany, Rothenburg St. - Colourful half-timber homes


When: 1600s Mid-day


~Script~

Narrator: A long, long time ago in the 1600’s Mabelle was walking down the colourful half-timber homes and Heading home to her small cottage. She looks down and sees... 


Mabelle: Ohh what a beautiful blue box I’ve found!
I wonder what’s inside. 


*Mabelle picks up the box and opens it*


Mabelle: Ohhh what pretty colourful crystals I’ve found! But who’s are they?


 *The devil popped out of nowhere*


Devil: Mabelle you should keep the crystal, you can make a fortune with this!


Mabelle: Who are you?!


Devil: Oh hi I’m The Devil 
*Angel pops out of nowhere*


Angel: And Hi, I’m the angel, I’ll help you choose the right decisions.


Mabelle:  Ok then, what do I do with these crystals? 


Angel: Hmm It looks like Princess Eleanor’s. You should give the crystal’s back to her.


Devil: NO! Keep it and make a fortune out of it. You will be so rich!


Narrator: Suddenly Mabelle sees a newspaper on the ground. 


*Mabelle picks up the newspaper*


Mabelle: You guys I found a newspaper!


Angel: What does it say?


Mabelle: It says that “Princess Eleanor has sadly lost her 3 valuable crystals”, it is in a Blue box. She needs it this instance for her 18th birthday. Whoever finds them will get a great award.”  


Devil: NO Keep it! Each crystal costs a lot of euros! If you keep them you won’t have to suffer living in a small cottage.


Mabelle: Yeah, you are right… I should just keep this.


Angel: No! the princess needs it for her 18th birthday! 


Mabelle: Yeah, you’re right too, but I am tired of living in the smallest cottage in the whole entire village!


Devil: You just stole the words right out of my mouth!


Angel: No, no, no, no, NO! Give the crystals back to the Princess, you will win a prize anyways, it could even be Euros!


Mabelle: You are right Angel...but what if it’s not Euros?


Devil: That’s exactly my point! 


*Everyone came out of the stage except for Mabelle*


Narrator: Later in the evening…


Narrator: Mabelle thinks to herself… what should she do? She was under pressure. She looks at the crystals meaningfully and wonders if she should give them back or not.


*The angel pops up again out of nowhere*


Angel: Hi again have you decided yet? I suggest give the crystal back to the princess. 


Mabelle: I think I will give it back to the princess it is hers  


*Devil pops up again out of nowhere*


Devil: Have you made your final decision to keep the crystal and live in a big castle?


Mabelle: No! I’m not keeping the crystal and I’ll follow the angel’s advice. I’ll return it to Princess Eleanor.


Devil: But WHY?!


Angel: Because It’s the right thing to do.  


Mabelle: Yeah, the angel is right.


Devil: Hm! *Crossed arms* I will get you back Angel!


*The Devil walks out of the scene*


Narrator: The Angel and Mabelle go to the ‘Castle’ to return the crystals.


*walk towards Elisha Mae and knock on the imaginary door*


Mabelle: Hello Princess Eleanor


Princess: Hello, how may I help you?


Mabelle: I came here to give you back the crystals that you lost I found them on the street back there


Princess: Oh my, thank you so much!


*Mabelle handed the box to the princess*


Mabelle: you're welcome It’s time for me to go. 


*Mabelle and the angel about to go when*


Princess: wait! You got these 3 crystals for my 18th birthday, You are invited to my 18th birthday and also you get 10,000 Euros for your honesty Mabelle.


Mabelle: 10,000 euros?! Thank you! That means so much to me 


*Everyone comes to the front, hold hands and bows at the same time*



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.