Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

Learning Storys


Hi guys, today we did a learning story in art and we had to do it in one day. A learning story is
where a story about what you have learnt in that subject. I learnt a lot of things like learning to be with another time and learning how to use stop motion. I loved to learn about writers and drawers. Anyways here is my learning story. Here is my stop motion were have not
finished our video.


Learning Story
Title: Art Hurumanu                                                       
Name: Risha Prasad 
Teachers: Miss Keen, Whaea Rowena, Miss Britch 
Date:  12 / 8 / 2019 
August 12th
VALUES / SKILLS
Year 8 Graduate Profile
Highlight the parts of the Profile you are now doing on a regular basis
Commitment 
Achievement 
Resilience 
Respect 
Skills
In your reflection think about how you displayed the CARR values,
and what curriculum skills you learnt. 
People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstanding – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time 
Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people
Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do
Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively 
Cyber Smart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes
What we did:
  • Filming 
  • Stopmotion 
  • Creating Characters 
  • Script Writing 
  • Story Broads
  • Narrative Writing  
  • Filming angels
  • Voice over 
  • Researching other artists (Roald Dahl, Quintain Blake.) 

So the first period of art I was so excited it was a new hurumanu. We got to research a famous writer and drawer to find more of what they do. At the end of the period, we got to find out what we were really doing. Which was making stop motions? I was so excited I started planning we had to do it about manaakitanga. 

Then the next time we had art we got put into groups that we make the stop motion with. I was with Matt, Gerald and Felicity. We had to first brainstorm ideas of what to do our stop motion about. We did ours about a dirty lake. 

Our next step was to choose what we were doing for our stop motion On a whiteboard or use clay. We first chose whiteboard then we kindly asked the teacher to use paper. So we did. After that, we need to make a script and narrative writing. I did all of this by myself it was hard and challenging but I did it. That was easy but we needed to add a voice-over. Sadly we didn’t get to do our voice over. But It was finished. YA   
What I learned:
  • How to use a stop motion
  • How to work in groups
  • Learning about Writers and drawers.

In art, I learnt a lot of things like learning to be with another time and learning how to use stop motion. I loved to learn about writers and drawers. It was amazing. 
What I enjoyed:

I enjoyed learning about other writers and drawers and what they do. I like to do draws so was happy to do art. I enjoyed being with a new group.
What I found difficult:

Working myself is hard only I and felicity did the work. When I had a challenge I would think creatively. Even when the boys don’t try but in the end, everyone did their part in helping.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Risha!

    Awesome sharing your Stop Motion as well as your Learning Story to your blog. I appreciate that everything is formatted correctly and your blog post looks very organized. You worked hard throughout this whole Hurumanu and it was great to see you get to take on some leadership roles in your group.

    Nice work!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.