Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Diffusion of Potassium Permanganate - Science

Hi, guys today I will be sharing what I have been doing in science. We did another experiment and learnt about diffusion. Diffusion is the movement of a substance from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration. Diffusion happens in liquids and gases because their particles move randomly from place to place. Diffusion is an important process for living things; it is how substances move in and out of cells. 

Question/Aim: Does temperature speed up or slow down Diffusion?

Equipment: Tweezers, Petri Dish, KMnO4 or Potassium, Hot water, Coldwater

Method: Fill one petri dish with cold water and one with hot water. Then put the crystals in each and see the magic.  

Result/Observation: When we put the purple crystal in the warm water it was twice the size of when we put the crystal in the cold water. 

Conclusion: The particles in Hot water are moving faster.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.