Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

Rubber Band Cup Mover - Health


Hello, guys today I will be sharing what we have been doing in health. As you may already know, we are working on our interpersonal skills: active listening, verbal communication, non-verbal communication (body language and gestures), Manaakitanga (being inclusive), and negotiation or compromise. To practice these skills we were put into random groups in which we had to do a task given by the teacher. Today's task was the rubber band cup mover. That time I personally thought we could have been faster if we had more time to practice.

Our task was to move a plastic cup from one table to another using a rubber band a string. Each person in the group would hold a string that was tied to the rubber band. We had to pull on the string to stretch out the rubber band and loosen the string when we attached it to the cup. The goal was to move all your cups to the other table without using your hand and without any falling. In my group, everyone was very inclusive and we communicated very well.


QUESTIONS:

What IP skill did you show/use today? Did you use any warm fuzzies?

For this, we needed to use our interpersonal skills like Manaakitanga, negotiation, active listening and verbal communication. We had done this task the last time we had health but that was just a practice. In my opinion, we tried our best and we encouraged each other which helped us as well.


How did it help with the success/lack of success, of the activity?

We were very good compared to other groups we encourage each other and we didn't make each other feel bad if we did something wrong.


Who did you work with that went well today?

Kayden, Joseph, Tevita and I.


If you were to do it again, how would you do it differently?

If we had the chance to do that again I would probably try to challenge or group by trying to stack our cups.


What level of Helisons behaviour model were you working at in this activity.

I worked at level three of Hellison's Behaviour Model. An example of what I did to show that was encouraging my group to do the best they can.


The Helisons Behaviour Model is based around P.E but used in health as well. It is to show what level you are working on in class and what you want to succeed in.


Hope you enjoyed my blog post and I hope you play this game sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.