Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Building Shapes - Maths

Hi, guys today I will be sharing what I have been doing in Hurumanu 3 with Mrs Bueveantura. I was building shapes out of 7 to 8 feet long string with Lhysette, Evelyn and Shreya. We tried to build shapes like squares and triangles but we successfully made a cube, a star and a pyramid. I learnt that with maths you also need to have teamwork to help when you get stuck.

         Our Goal
Pyramid 3D
The first shape we made was a pyramid this took a lot of teamwork and relicense. After a good five minutes, we finally figured out how the shape works and how the shape is placed. They're also a famous landmark called pyramids they are shaped exactly like this shape. This shape took three triangles and one square.    
 

 
                                                                                        Our Goal ↑

Cube 3D
The second shape we made was a cube, it took longer than the pyramid but in the end, we perfectly created a cube with all the corners and sides. This took a lot of fingers and remembering how a cube looks. This shape took six squares to a cube.   


                                     
                                                                                        Our Goal 
Star 2D
The last shape we were able to make was a star. The star took the longest because of how many fingers it needed and how many sides it needed. I think that we did very well because it was the hardest one to do out of all of the shapes we tried to do. 

Thank you for reading my blog post hope you enjoy and tell me which shape you think we made the best. Where are the pyramids located in the world? BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.