Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

House Plan - Science & Maths

Hi, guys today I will be sharing what we have been doing in the last weeks of science and maths. We have been designing our own houses. In maths, we first had to choose a house plan out of three and then calculate the area and perimeter of it. In science, our task was to calculate the voltage and current of each light bulb and the total current in the house.    

Aim: To design a house plan including light bulbs and calculate the voltage and current of each bulb. 

Method: There were three choices of a house plan, I chose LE (Level Exceeded). In this, we needed 12 light bulbs and 5 rooms.

Results

Plan of House: 
With 5 Rooms and 12 Light Bulbs





Ohm's Law Calculations And Parrell Circuit Digram 

Discussion:  
As you can see in this table the current has an abbreviation of A, voltage has an abbreviation of V and Ohms abbreviation is Ξ©. You can see I used all three of these abbreviations in my circuit diagram. 


To calculate the voltage, current or resistance you need to check out these three triangles I have made. An average house in New Zealand has 100 Amps of current. My current in total was 21 Amps; I think that it was a realistic amount because this is only the current of the light bulbs.   

Current: An electric current is a stream of charged particles, for instance, electrons or ions. 

Voltage: Voltage is the pressure from an electrical circuit's power source that pushes charged electrons (current) through a conducting loop, enabling them to do work such as illuminating light.

Resistance: Resistance is a measure of the opposition to current flow in an electrical circuit.


To find the voltage of something you need to multiply the current and resistance; to find the current you need to divide the voltage and the resistance and to find the resistance you need to divide the voltage and the current.  

Quick Question: What are fuses? How are they used in a house?

A fuse is an electrical safety device that operates to provide overcurrent protection of an electrical circuit. Its primary component is a metal wire or strip that melts when too much current flows through it. In homes, fuses are used a lot, for instance, appliances like televisions, refrigerators and computers have fuses and can melt when too much current flows through. 

Conclusion: I personally enjoyed this topic I found it exciting learning about electricity in houses and how to design a house with electricity. If I were to do it again I would change the layout of my house and use a larger house plan. Well, this concludes my final blog post about electricity, I enjoyed learning about it. My favourite part was making the house. Thank you for reading. Have a great day bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.