Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Brain Development - Health

Hey, guys today I will be sharing what I have been doing for health. We have been working on our discovery projects. A discovery project is when we research an issue like drugs or racism and look further into it. I chose to do brain development because I was very interested in neuroscience (study of the brain). We had to pick 6 big questions to answer about that topic, we needed a why, what, how, who, and when question also one of our choice. After picking and answering our 6 big questions we had to think of 3 strategies to help overcome this issue. Personally, it was very hard to think about strategies for brain development because you would think brain development is good for you but actually, there are some cons to it. Finally, after making the strategies our last job was to create a presentation, poster, or something to present our work. One of the most challenging things was to do something or create something. I made a presentation, hope you enjoy reading through and finding out some facts about our brain, have a lovely day!     

6 Big Questions
Why does brain development occur? 
What do you conclude about how important brain development is?
How can brain development during the teenage years lead to poor mental health outcomes? 
Who is disadvantaged and advantaged concerning gender and sexuality? 
When should your brain start to develop? 
What happens to your well being when your brain is developing?

3 Strategies
Take Breaks
Ask For Help
Have Enough Sleep


1 comment:

  1. Hey Risha!
    Woah, this blog is amazing! Your chosen topic is really cool, neuroscience is really interesting right?! I like how you gave really detailed descriptions for each of your questions. Maybe next time you could space everything out a bit more so it is easier to read. You should be really proud of the work you have done!

    - Sofia :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.