Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2021

ICT - Semester 1 Work

Hey, guys, I'm going to show you what we've been doing in ICT with Mr Carter. We've been working on Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, and Excel this semester. Word, Publisher, and Excel reminded me a lot of Google documents, slideshows, and spreadsheets. This is a collection of all of my work from this semester.

WHAT I LEARNT?

Term 1 Week 1 and 2 
We learnt how to be cyber safe online and have been working on our typing skills, on typing.comWe had to create a Kahoot to test our knowledge after learning about cyber safety. Kahoot is a quiz site that allows you to test yourself and others on anything. Interland was also used to answer questions about cybersecurity. I created a Kahoot game with ten questions about cyberbullying and cybersafety.




Word Document 
Term 1 Week 4  
We worked on basic Word document layouts during the fourth week of the semester. We used a Pronto book with instructions on how to use a specific tool and then copied the information from the book into the document. Personally, I believe that Word Documents are very similar to Google Docs, and I didn't learn much about the tools because they are the same as using Google Docs. But I did figure out where each tool was located, as well as how to insert, download, and put it in my drive. Here are a few of the documents I've created in Word.


Publisher
Term 2 Week 4 and 5  
Publisher, in my opinion, is Microsoft's version of Google Presentations. I was aware that Microsoft offered Word and Excel, but I didn't know that it also offered Publisher. The Publisher was extremely helpful and made creating presentations a breeze. Our job was to make a 2021 calendar and add images. I did add images but I added them according to was season it was, for example, it is summer in December so I put a picture of the sun. If I had to choose, Publisher was probably my least favourite tool because it was simple and uninteresting. 



Excel 
Term 2 Week 6 and 8 
When it came to Excel, I was very excited to use it. Out of Word and Publisher, my favourite tool was Excel. We learned how to enter data into Excel and use various functions. Our task was to enter data from a book into an Excel spreadsheet and calculate prices using formulas. I learned how to use Excel to create a chart to display my data; you can see my work by clicking on the link below. 




Finally, I had a lot of fun with ICT; my favourite tools were probably Excel and Word. I liked using Excel because it taught me about formulas, and I liked using Word because it was much easier to use than Google Docs. I found 10 minutes of typing.com to be extremely useful because it improved my typing skills and allowed me to type more quickly. Overall, this semester of ICT has been helpful and has improved my knowledge about Microsoft. Hope you have a good day BYE.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Risha. This is a good post and you have accurately and succinctly completed the assigned work. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.