Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Present

W.A.L.T:  Write a narrative


Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….

  • The title is suitable for the text.
  • The orientation tells who the story is about, and when and where the story happened.
  • The complication describes a problem and explains what happened next.
  • The resolution explains how the problem was solved.
  • Seeks feedback and makes changes to texts to improve clarity and meaning.

In Ako Ngatahi we had to write a narrative about a video. It was about a boy opening a present that was a dog with three legs. Here is the video of the present. I hope you enjoy my story.

The Present

One sunny day blinds shut I was playing video games. Then my mum came home with a present and opened the blinds. My eyes went bright. Mum said “Open the present that I got you. I looked in the box and there was a puppy. “Cool” I said.  It was light brown and had smooth fur. I saw his paw was broken. I threw it away and started to play my video game again, acting like I did not care.
Image result for dog clipart images with girlThe dog found a red ball. He bumped into the cupboard and he got the ball. I thought it was a very silly dog. The dog gave it to me and turned its head. I kicked the ball away.  The dog went to catch it but he fell in the box. He tried to get out of the box. I smiled at the puppy. Thinking of how silly he was. Bumping into things he went out of the box.  Thinking of where was the red ball. It was right in front of me. He caught the ball and gave it to me. I smiled and got up on my crutches.
Putting the ball in my pocket. Opening the back door. I said “Mum we’ll be outside. I think this dog is very silly. There is no dog like this. I like him, he's just like me. I think my dog and I will go perfect in the future.


By: Risha                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.