Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

Heart Dissection

Hi, guys today I will be sharing what I have been doing for Hurumanu 4. We had to dissect a sheep's heart. We are working on the circulatory system, this helps us breathe and produce blood. We are going to learn about the Heart and lungs. I am going to share my method and aim. 

Aim: To look at the structure of the Heart. 

Method: Gloves, Scalpal, Wax tray, Scissors, Tweezers, Clean supplies, News Paper, A sheep heart.   

Steps

  1. Put newspaper on the table 
  2. Get a tray
  3. Put on gloves
  4. Grab one scissor, tweezer and scalpal 
  5. Get all the equipment setup
  6. Get one person to go get the heart
  7. Try to remove all white excess 

Results: The dissection was fun I enjoyed it because I found out a lot about the inside of a sheep heart. We cut out the fat then cut out the aorta also known as the left chamber. When we opened the heart they're were a lot of strings or fibre that helps keep the heart in the shape it is. We found the pulmonary arteries that send blood to our lungs. Here is a diagram. BYE 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.